Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"Show me how you ReO"

We were only married for two years and headed into the Wilds of Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario, Canada. A place I have traveled to numerous times and facilitated larges groups through. A place that is so far from civilization you feel like your in a whole new world. Well, that is just it! I was in a whole new world. Going back to what I was saying about only being married for two years at this point, I was expecting to head into the "woods" on a trip separate from Katie. I really thought this would be best for the both of us knowing what growth and individual can earn and learn in such a Rugged environment! I was hoping Katie would have that opportunity. Lets just say God had other plans and we ended up filing a spot on a couples trip. I was scared out of my mind! I had to lead my wife through the wild (this is so far from leading groups you really do not have a connection with). I was scared of all the things that could occur, I knew that I myself could handle them, but knowing Katies love and passion for this type of adventure was very small, I was scared she would never in a million years consider camping in any way, shape or form unless it was in a 40 foot box on wheels with four slide outs and air conditioning and all her cosmetology needs met! Every possible scenario that ran through my head ended in camping being a thing of the past for my family. She paddled, she portaged, she hiked, she cried, she laughed, and most of all she never once COMPLAINED! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! I was blown away at how much strength my wife had. That even when placed in such Rugged elements she trekked on! I was one proud husband by the end of the week..  It proved to me again I married the right one for me! We finally completed our journey and traveled about 80 miles that week by canoe and foot. She was tired, I was tired and we both were beat up but we were loving life and living the adventure together. Katie and I loved that we were able to Reo together in Algonquin.


I share that story with you wondering what adventures you have been on, and most of all where have you been able to ReO!?! I would love it if you would please share with me a picture and a caption showing us all. 

Loving the Madness,
-BS


No comments:

Post a Comment